Tuesday, 10 June 2008

12 years is a long time

Oh. My. God.
Friday night saw me reverting back to the hormonal 14-year-old Boyzone obsessive that I once was...I screamed so much I lost my voice, clapped my hand so hard they were still stinging on Saturday, danced like a fool and sang along to everything whilst surprising myself that I still knew all the words! And as for Chelle..she was even worse since she had never seen them live before and had even bigger expectaions than I did!
I won't lie to you, I had a lovely time!

Saturday ended with another viewing of the wonderfully lovely Indiana Jones (Nyom!), I know people have slated this film for having a 'rubbish plot' and being 'unrealistic' but to be honest, that's what Indiana Jones is all about! I whole-heartedly believe that if this film had some out 15+ years ago then it would have been accepted perfectly well but due to the anticipation and the love that has developed for the other three, people turn into perfectionists and trot out the comments 'that's not possible' and 'no way that could have happened like that' etc but as for this Indy fan, all I can say is BRING ON NUMBER 5!!

As for Sunday, well, Sunday I...went to work! Random case of being in the right place at the right time when they were short staffed in the Gwachel and Rhian gets some shifts (for which I'm indebted to Miss Roo for bigging me up...I can see me covering her shifts for the forseeable future!) It was quiet but it was fun, I haven't worked a bar since before Christmas so it was a little bit of a shock to the system but I'm sure I'll get back into my stride soon enough!

And then to round off my 'weekend' I got a text of the brother at 9pm last night 'We're in potter's wheel if u fancy a pint'
We? Who's 'We'?
'Coolio...ding u when i get there. In a bizzle homie' (I'm so street sometimes)
Get to said pub to find my brother and 4 of his mates (Daz, Tom, Ryan and Chris) watching the football.
'Where's good to go tonight? Where's your pub your brother told us about?'
'Ah, it'll be rubbish there. Um...well, there are quite a few Smurfs around so I'd say that it's student night in Oceana?'
'Where's that?'
'Next door!'
'Happy days!'
The next 3 hours saw us in the company of 2,000+ Smurfs...possibly the most surreal night I've had in a long while but a good laugh all the same, good company, shite dancing, lots of blue!

No comments: