Sunday, 13 April 2008

The little things you do...

...drive me insane. My brother's kids are staying with us or a month (ages not quite 2 and not quite 3) and this weekend, he's also here with his wife. They are doing my head in like you wouldn't believe.

It's nothing and everything all at the same time...I just get the urge to tell them all to shut the fuck up and stop invading my personal space. I'm trying to get job applications done so I'm in my room with the door shut and my brother comes in and starts talking to me...'What are you doing? Looking for a job?' Yes, and it was quiet till you lot came back so would you do me a favour and go away so I can get on with it in peace? 'So-rry, no need to be like that about it'
It's not that I object to talking to him, just that wherever he goes, the kids follow him so then there ends up with all of us in the smallest fricking room in the house, the kids breaking things and writing over everything that you're really not supposed to write on and then one of them will start crying so the other will join in and then my sister-in-law will start shouting to my brother that the kids are crying and he'll shout back and I swear I will end up throwing someone or something through a window!
The personal space thing is fucking annoying too...the other night, I was watching TV and getting on with some crochet when niece the elder comes in an sits on the little bit of chair you get where the front of the seat curves around to the arms and niece the younger sits on my feet so there are 3 of us in a space about 3' square...Niece the elder, there are other chairs you can sit on you know, you do not have to share mine! Cue screaming as niece the elder runs to Nanny to tell her that I'm telling her off!
I'm thinking of emigrating for the next two weeks...there's only so much of this I can take!

No comments: